- Adventure racing is a multi-discipline endurance sport where competitors compete in teams, navigating from control point to control point in a number of disciplines.
- Disciplines may include: mountain biking, trekking, kayaking, swimming, rope work and orienteering. Teams are expected to navigate using a map and landmarks. Teams must be able to operate in harsh remote environments in all weather conditions.
- Teams travel through day and night, they can decide if, when and where to rest.
- The first team to complete all the Expedition legs and visiting all the control points will be declared the winner.
- Teams are required to complete the entire Expedition distance together (always within hearing and visual distance of each other), helping and assisting each other.
- Teamwork and team dynamics are essential. A detailed understanding of your teammates and your own capabilities is essential.
- Due to the remotenes and the rural infrastructure of the Wild Coast, teams must prepare themselves for long legs with very few transitions.
- There are many little shops in the area. Teams will be able to replenish supplies during daytime, especially on the cycle legs. Keep cash on you.
- Make sure you are self efficient on doing any repairs on you cycle. Long remote legs. Bring sufficient spares.
- Tick repellent recommended, Cattle areas.
- Prepare yourself for a real Expedition.